Never heard of it? neither have I.. until a few days ago. But in the midst of creating ideas on what to do with kidz. This day seemed appropriately named for fun in the kitchen, and easy fun at that. So here’s what ya need to make this cherry popover desert, snack or whatever you choose to use this for. Bribery maybe; I don’t know. Any who lets get started.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
A parent to bond with the kid while making Cherry Popovers TOGETHER
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 tbsp + 1 tbsp unsalted butter, both melted and kept separate
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 450*F. Add the milk, eggs, and 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter in a large bowl, and WHISK IT! Whisk IT GOOD! until everything is mixed well.
- Now add the flour, salt, zest and juice, whisking until slightly frothy.
- Place the popover tin in the oven for a couple of minutes to warm. After removing from the oven, pour the remaining 1 tbsp of melted unsalted butter evenly among the 6 popover cups. Then fill up each cup halfway with the batter. Top each cup evenly with cherries.
- Bake popovers for 15 minutes at 450*F and then reduce heat to 350*F and bake another 15 minutes, or until popovers are well browned.
- DO not open the oven while baking or your popovers will deflate.
- Turn popovers onto a rack and slit with a knife to let steam escape.
Have FUN!! ….because I AM NOT a chef but I sure do love trying new recipes