22 minute Parmesan Chicken
Thanx to Parenting.com I found some quick 30 minute meals ….well, this one is only 22 minutes.
Using super-thin chicken tenders for this kiddie favorite cuts the cooking time. And coat them in low-fat yogurt to reduce the fat.
Time: 22 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon each Italian herbs, paprika, and salt ( I add other seasonings…I like my food seasoned well thank u very much)
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 pound chicken tenders
1/2 cup tomato bruschetta topping
Green salad (optional)
Garlic toast (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with olive-oil cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, combine wheat germ, Parmesan, Italian herbs, paprika, and salt. Place yogurt in a separate shallow bowl.
2. Dip each chicken tender in yogurt, shaking off any excess. Dredge in Parmesan mixture, patting to coat thoroughly. Place on prepared pan.
3. Spray chicken tenders with olive-oil cooking spray, coating both sides. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until tenders are golden brown and cooked through. Serve with tomato bruschetta and mozarella topping. Then add garlic toast, if desired.
…..While thats in the oven. This is what I do.
1. Use a mixture of olive oil( or butter if u have) garlic powder and dried parsely flakes.
2. mix them well
3. spread the mixture onto Italian bread ( or sliced bread LOL)
It tastes delicious! I never thought chicken dipped in yogurt would be such a tasty and healthy meal.
You use and remix this recipe and then tell me what you did to make it more your style.